American Online Racing » Forums
jst:session_id does not exist uid:1

Clean racing

Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:22 pm
Driver
393 Posts
Over the last 3 races PSRL TRUCK and PRO CUP I have been wrecked while leading or going for the lead. This is unacceptable and I will now race others how they race me. If you want to wreck  me fine but except the same in return.

GMoran
Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:49 pm
Driver
442 Posts
Gary, one of the incidents you mention was a result of me just completely phasing out.  I apologized for that and still feel bad about it.  It was by no means intentional.

Every one of you seems to be taking a very aggressive approach to every incident that happens.  It's been stated over and over that we're supposed to be a bunch of old farts that show up week after week to have some fun.  For the most part, I think we do as we seem to come back and race.  I'm as guilty as the next for getting upset when I get wrecked.  The difference is my anger over any particular incident is usually gone by the time I get my wheel unbolted from the desk.  I don't come back the next race looking to take out someone because they may have wrecked me the previous week.

If you have issues with a particular driver on the track, stay away from him.  We all have 2 pedals that can be used during the race.  Sometimes that left pedal will keep you out of trouble.  I've found the game is much kinder if you're lifting or braking during an incident than if you try and power though it.  I almost think there's something in the code that sees that and is much kinder to the control of the car.

We had a couple incidents last night really pissed off a few drivers.  I haven't reviewed the race yet so I won't comment on any of those incidents.  However, I will say that overall it was a very good race.  We had 2 consecutive green flag pit stops with 2 and 3 wide racing during the stretch.  It's been a long time since we had green flag pit stops let alone back to back.  That tells me we do know how to race with each other, we just need to make the conscious effort to do it.  Like the saying goes, "you can't win the race on the first lap, but you sure can lose it.'

I don't mind spirited racing.  We're all here for that.  I understand flying off the handle when you get wrecked and I'm pretty lenient when it comes to allowing the driver involved to let off steam.  We've had some incidents where I let things go to far, but last night I felt like folks handled the situations just about right.  Feelings were expressed and then let go.  I didn't hear any requests to cut the chatter so that other drivers could hear their spotter.  That may be due to the bigger track, but at least it's a start.

There are new rules coming soon.  I just haven't had the time to put them in writing.  Hopefully I'll get some time to get them up this weekend.  In the meantime, let's put the weapons back in the cabinets, turn down the aggression factor a notch and see if we can have a few races in a row with green flag pitting.

[stepping off soapbox]

Jeff
Site Owner/Developer
American Online Racing
Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:58 pm
Driver
393 Posts
I didn't fly off the handle by my stndard. Made a brief comment and left ts. After 3 races in a row it's frustrating Jeff.

GMoran
Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:35 pm
Driver
442 Posts
Agreed, Gary.  Thus the comment in my post:

— Jeff_Trowbridge wrote
... but last night I felt like folks handled the situations just about right.  Feelings were expressed and then let go. ...

Jeff
Site Owner/Developer
American Online Racing
Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:58 pm
Driver
393 Posts
O there is going to be some feelings expressed.I have been having problems with my brake pedal.   Twisted Evil

GMoran
Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:27 pm
388 Posts
Very good post Jeff.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it, piss on it and walk way
Forums ©