American Online Racing » Forums
jst:session_id does not exist uid:1

New Series?

Fri May 01, 2020 4:27 pm
39 Posts
I heard Rod mention the other night that he finds the dirt track racing on iracing interesting and he might like to try some dirt track racing.  I'm checking to see if there is interest in starting an AOR dirt track series. If so, with Jeff's apprpval, it wouldn't start until the winter season and I'd be glad to admin it.  There seems to be a good number of dirt tracks available.  What I'd need to know is what mod would the majority prefer to run (sprint cars, modifieds or late models) and which of our non-race days (Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday) you like to run. Give it some thouht and make your feelings known.
Fri May 01, 2020 8:05 pm
388 Posts
I would suggest the modifieds, and Wed as my day of choice.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it, piss on it and walk way
Sat May 02, 2020 3:49 pm
39 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply Larry.  When you say you prefer the modifieds do you mean the modifieds like the Whelen series mods or the dirt track modifies like they are showing on the iracing TV races?  I should have made it clearer.  Same for late models, I'm referring to the World of Outlaws dirt track late models.
Sat May 02, 2020 7:55 pm
Driver
442 Posts
Don't need my approval.  If you're interested in setting up a series, let me know.  Be happy to show you how.

In the past, I think we ran the SKModifieds in our dirt series. If you have another mod you'd like to run that we don't have on the site, get it to me and I'll get it installed. Ditto for any tracks.

Wednesday nights would be a good night.

Jeff
Site Owner/Developer
American Online Racing
Sun May 03, 2020 1:15 am
39 Posts
Thanks Jeff.  At the moment I kind of like Bullrings 358 dirt Late Model mod the best (the read me file says to ask their permission before using it)..  It uses GNS physics which would make it a little easier for the guys.  But if there is a goodly number of folks who prefer another mod its fine with me.  Whatever mod we use its probably going to make a little work for Richard because the guys will want him to paint them cars.  I have the templates, car viewer files and render files he'll need.  I've already started work on mine.  I thought I should see if there is enough interest as the first step. No use going to the work setting it up will require if we wont get enough guys to race each week.
Sun May 03, 2020 7:49 am
388 Posts
I was the SK Modifieds that I was referring to. Since it uses CTS setups, it means that we can often use our truck setups as a base. I haven't use the GNS physics since I don't remember when Smile I am not really familiar with the series that you mentioned, but there is something to be said to doing something new.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it, piss on it and walk way
Mon May 04, 2020 11:25 pm
32 Posts
im not a big fan of dirt series stuff however im all for doing something different...i mentioned a while ago of using splash and go winston 98 mod which uses all 3 physics packages and doing a series like that...ill support whatever ...whenever...but myself personally im not a fan of dirt allthough i seem to do pretty ok at it
Wed May 06, 2020 12:31 am
Driver
152 Posts
Somewhere I remember seeing a program file that would allow you to change series physics.
I will have to check into that

Thanks
Richard Hildebrandt
AKA Corvette-fan
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
Fri May 08, 2020 1:58 pm
Driver
152 Posts
OK I found a link to a YouTube video showing how to convert the physics of a mod to cts or whatever.
Here it is
Get registered or Log in

It involves unpacking and repacking .dat files so we need someone with savy to volenteer
All the tools are included in the U-Tube video.

OR we could just use the SKmod that is .cts physics and that I have paints for most members.

Thanks
Richard Hildebrandt
AKA Corvette-fan
Get registered or Log in
Fri May 08, 2020 4:39 pm
Driver
442 Posts
— Richard_Hildebrandt wrote
OR we could just use the SKmod that is .cts physics and that I have paints for most members.

OR we could stick with the GNS physics that the mod is built on.  I'm not sure why we would want to mess with it.  The tracks we will probably be racing at we've never raced at before so there won't be any previous setups to use.

Jeff
Site Owner/Developer
American Online Racing
Forums ©