jst:session_id does not exist uid:1

Procup and No Steering Assistance

Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:26 am
39 Posts
Pro cup guys, after years and years of trying I still cant get steady driving without using steering assistance,  I've tried reducing the linearity and making major changes to my caster and steering ratio settings in my setups but I continue to lack good control.  I continue to wander all over the track and if I move the wheel to correct it it over corrects making it impossible to stay in a straight line and therefore constantly on the edge of losing control or getting into someone who's next to me.. I know it makes many of you scared to be near me and I don't blame you.  If your using a G27 please tell me

1. what your global device settings are in your logitech profiler  
2.  Your in game linearity setting
3.  What your typical steering ratio and caster settings are (my steering ration is normally 32-28 at most tracks and most of  my setups have 6.00LF and -200 RF caster)

I'm beginning to think my problem may lie in one of the above things and not me..or at least I hope. If not and I can't get better control I may just have to drop from the series. I don't want to but I don't want be another hazard for you guys each week.

Thanks in advance
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:48 am
Driver
390 Posts
I use 100 % linearity. There is a profiler setting file in the downloads section, or Try 320 degree operating in profiler. Try setting all your wheel and pedal sensitivity to 50%.

I now use the G920 but my G27 were almost the same. Also try changing the way you hold the wheel. 90% of the time I hold my wheel at L hand 9 o'clock and R hand 12 o clock. Also run your steering ratio higher to start out.

GMoran
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:51 am
Driver
390 Posts
6 to -2 will turn you quickly into the corner. Try going 4 -2 and see how that feels. Caster is a great adjusting tool.

GMoran
Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:00 pm
39 Posts
Thanks Gary Ill give those suggestions a try.  I downloaded the G27 settings file and unzipped its an xml file which I assume is an excel file.  However excel won't open it and another word equivalent program I have wont either.  I get an error message.
Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:20 am
Driver
427 Posts
XML is an extended markup file similar to an ini file.  It's not an excel spreadsheet file.
My guess is that somewhere in the folder where your Logitech software is installed is a place to drop this file.  It will configure your wheel with the settings from the file when loaded by the profiler.

Jeff
Site Owner/Developer
American Online Racing
Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:54 pm
Driver
390 Posts
you have to import the settings into the profiler

GMoran
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:41 pm
Driver
51 Posts
Rick,

Allen shared his settings for G25/G7 and setting in the game back in 2016.
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

The only thing I changed was the Degrees of Rotation... I changed it from 200 to 300. I'm currently using a G29 wheel and the settings are pretty much the same on it too.
Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:12 pm
Driver
9 Posts
Rick,

Here are the settings I use.  I have a G29 which is not much different from the G27.  This is not much different when I used a G25 as well.

Logitech Gaming Software:

Wheel 50% Sensitivity  340 degree on the rotation because that is what it is in NR2003 (My wheel is in sync with in-cockpit wheel).  Enabling Centering Spring is unchecked.
Accelerator, Brake, and Clutch all at 100% Sensitivity.

In-Game Options:

Force Feedback checked and set to 50% on all tracks except road courses and the dirt mod which is set anywhere between 20 & 30.
Damping is 5%
Latency is 0%

Advanced Controller Options:
Steering is 0%
Throttle is 0%
Brake is 0%

Steering Linearity is 100%

Boost Steering at low speeds is checked

This will give you another setup option and when testing.  I hope you find something that suits you.
Forums ©