Dirt Track Setups
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

American Online Racing -> LMDR

#1: No icon Dirt Track Setups Author: Larry_ColeLocation: Earth PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:38 am
    —
I was asked by a driver how I went about setting up my dirt car setups. After I answered him, and with so many people not running the series due to poor setups, I decided to provide the same details that I gave him to everyone. Hopefully it will help, and what works for me might not work for you, so please bear that in mind.

"I actually spend most of my time on springs and gearing. Every dirt setup I use has a 650 RR spring, and I wish I could get it heavier at times! From there, I work the LR spring. The front springs are track dependent. For instance, at the Eldora track we ran, I had 1200 pound springs on the front to stop the car from bottoming out and a track like Fulton I run 900. I never flatten out the spoiler, running it around 57 degrees. That helps with the grip issue. Tire pressures are out of sync for a dirt car. When I was running dirt cars, we were running sometimes as low as 8 pounds of TP and never more than 18. The dirt mods do not like those pressures, so I crank them up to 48 on the right, and 28/25 on the left. From there it's tweak the car with the f/r weight and wedge. Sometimes tape factors in, but it can be a hindrance as well. At Fulton, I ran 0 tape.A true dirt car would never be effected by tape, but once again, the mod seems to ignore that feature.
As I mentioned earlier, I play with the gearing a lot, trying to get the car to be just red lining just before my lift point for the corner. I want the gear to be helping me corner the car, so I do run a lot of gear.
I have attached my base dirt setup which I start with at all the tracks, and adjust accordingly."

Hopefully the base dirt setup will attach to this post (if I did it correctly).

#2: No icon Re: Dirt Track Setups Author: Jeff_TrowbridgeLocation: West Milford, NJ PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:11 pm
    —
If you're having trouble downloading the setup Larry attached, it's not his fault.

If you move your mouse to the center of the rectangle to the right of the download section, your mouse should change.  Press and it will download.

I'll look into why this is happening as soon as I can.

#3: No icon Re: Dirt Track Setups Author: Richard_Hildebrandt PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:07 pm
    —
Thanks guys

#4: No icon Re: Dirt Track Setups Author: Richard_Hildebrandt PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:36 pm
    —
Here is a question for ya Mag.
The first thing you discuss above is that "Every dirt setup I use has a 650 RR spring, and I wish I could get it heavier at times! From there, I work the LR spring."
Why then does your default Fonda set have a 600 RR spring???
Just asking. LOL

#5: No icon Re: Dirt Track Setups Author: Larry_ColeLocation: Earth PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:56 pm
    —
Because it was my default setup first created when in a practice mode when the mod first came out. I made changes obviously.

#6: No icon Re: Dirt Track Setups Author: Richard_Hildebrandt PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:04 pm
    —
Any other "Changes to the Default set we should know about? LOL

#7: No icon Re: Dirt Track Setups Author: Larry_ColeLocation: Earth PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:06 pm
    —
Not that i am aware of

American Online Racing -> LMDR

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1