American Online Racing » Forums
jst:session_id does not exist uid:1

Logitech Software update

Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:02 pm
Driver
393 Posts
If you are running a g27 or g25 and the update pops up don't install it. I installed it and it was unable to detect my g27. It showed a whole different wheel. I uninstalled it and did a rollback and everything worked fine. Yesterday before the pro cup race the update popped up again. I thought I clicked don't install, but this morning my wheel was undetected again. Doing another roll back. If anyone needs help on how to fix this problem let me know.

GMoran
Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:54 pm
Driver
442 Posts
Are there any configuration settings in the Logitech program to turn off automatic updates?  Seems to me that it would make sense to turn off automatic updates so that it stops nagging you.

Jeff
Site Owner/Developer
American Online Racing
Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:26 pm
Driver
393 Posts
Checked could not find any. I know i cancelled when it asked if I wanted to install it. But this morning my wheel was screwed up again. Went back 2 days to a restore point and everything ok.

GMoran
Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:36 pm
Driver
112 Posts
Thanks for this Gary. as you know, I am having pc problems. And my wheel did what your talking about also. I have my pc in the shop right now. Having them look for Virus and looking at Hard drive. I am thinking my hard drive is malfunction. I have some kind of warning about it a day before.
also, I am wondering if the downloads I did from this site might be giving me issues. The Michigan track and the share file download that I did has me wondering about this. Will let you know.

Is there a way for me to get a copy of the race you ran last night, I would love to watch it when my pc gets fixed. Sorry to have missed it.

When I deleted the wheel program off my pc, how do I get a copy from someone who has that ? Where is or was that file/ program located on your hard drive?

[email]nascarsix@gmail.com[/email]
Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:16 am
Driver
393 Posts
I dont think it has anything to do with the the track you downloaded. Its the new logitech software that srewed mine up. Let me know if you still have the problem when you get your pc back. I will get with you and will do what I did.

GMoran
Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:47 pm
Driver
393 Posts
UPDATE....This morning same thing with wheel when I fired up my gaming pc. So this time I uninstalled the logitech profiler rebooted and reinstalled it. It then detected my G27. Will see if this works.

GMoran
Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:55 pm
Driver
442 Posts
WOW!  That's persistence.  I'd find a way to bash logitech for this.  Sounds like the they are pushing the update into your system whether you want it or not.

Jeff
Site Owner/Developer
American Online Racing
Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:15 pm
Driver
393 Posts
Or they are trying to get you to buy their new wheels.

GMoran
Forums ©