American Online Racing » Forums
jst:session_id does not exist uid:1

Ordered new Wheel Today

Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:35 pm
Driver
112 Posts
G920

Driving Force from Logitech. Will let you know.

[email]nascarsix@gmail.com[/email]
Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:51 pm
Driver
393 Posts
Ya give us a good review...

GMoran
Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:21 pm
Driver
442 Posts
Hope that gets you back on the track, Brett.

Jeff
Site Owner/Developer
American Online Racing
Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:21 pm
Driver
112 Posts
Testing of Logitech G920 Wheel.
I got the wheel up and running on my Re-loaded Windows 7 PC. Note: Windows 10 Sucks. Do not load or let it stay loaded. You only have 30 days to undo Windows 10 or it will stay permanent on your PC.

Back to the wheel.

If you have a G25 or 27. Keep it. there is not a lot of difference. The peddles and basically the same. The wheel platforms are the same. The wheel is nice, leather wrapped. The extra buttons are more then you really need.
I have not assign my extra button for TeamSpeak Private Chat button yet, It should not be a problem tho.
I assign the left and right paddles to change gears, (I did not purchase the gear shift- but I believe I can use the shifter I have in the closet from the other wheel I already have and never used)
I also, assign a button at the bottom of the spoke of the wheel as gear shifting button also.
I used the Gaming up/down/left/right button as my Left view and Right View.
In the Wheel setup. the selections for options are very few. You will not have the selection of wheel adjustments we are use to. Mostly the game calibrations in Nascar 2003 are the settings and  are 90% of the wheel adjustments.
Now, how does it drive?  The wheel was a little stiff and I adjusted this back in the game configuration.
Note: I have never like the Logitech break peddle being so stiff, so I assign my clutch to be my Break peddle and vis versa.
There is a worrisome LED light that stay lite up as you use your wheel at the bottom of the wheel. Some Black tape will kill that after you get your wheel setup and program downloaded.
I do like the centering wheel marker on top of the wheel for a reference of a straight wheels.
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

[email]nascarsix@gmail.com[/email]
Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:21 pm
Driver
393 Posts
Brett good review. But I have been running Windows 10 since it came out and had no problems at all with N2003. And according to my control panel I can go back to win 7 at anytime. Never heard of tis 30 day thing.

GMoran
Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:13 pm
388 Posts
Brett is totally correct regarding the Windows 10 in both don't use it, and yes, after 30 days you cannot uninstall it.

I know a lot of people have had no problems with W10, but I am 0-2 with it at work. It doesn't handle some older programs at all, it selectively removes older programs and files, and creates a cluster of a windows explorer window. It was so bad that I had to reformat one of my hard drives and go back and reinstall W7.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it, piss on it and walk way
Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:52 pm
Driver
442 Posts
There's absolutely nothing wrong with W10 and N2K3.  W10 manages system resources much better than W7 or XP.

If you run old (very old) and outdated programs, you may have compatibility problems or find that drivers are unavailable.  Otherwise, make the move to W10, you'll be very happy.

Jeff
Site Owner/Developer
American Online Racing
Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:09 pm
Driver
442 Posts
Brett wanted these pictures posted of the G920 wheel.
[lytebox width=160 height=120:e4829fa65e]http://prod.americanonlineracing.com/AOR_pages/images/jeff/G920_Main.PNG[/lytebox:e4829fa65e][lytebox width=160 height=120:e4829fa65e]http://prod.americanonlineracing.com/AOR_pages/images/jeff/g920_Wheel.PNG[/lytebox:e4829fa65e][lytebox width=160 height=120:e4829fa65e]http://prod.americanonlineracing.com/AOR_pages/images/jeff/G920_gas.PNG[/lytebox:e4829fa65e]

Jeff
Site Owner/Developer
American Online Racing
Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:33 am
388 Posts
Seems to me Mr. W10, that you had to go a do a complete new install of W10 to get it to work correctly :)

I stand by my assessment that the "upgrade to W10" is a total cluster_____!!!

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it, piss on it and walk way
Forums ©