American Online Racing » Forums
jst:session_id does not exist uid:1

Dirt Series

Do you have an interest in running a dirt series?

( 3 ) ( 60% ) Yes, I'd run in it.
( 2 ) ( 40% ) No, don't bother.
Sun May 03, 2020 1:09 pm
Driver
442 Posts
OK guys.  Let's help Rick out.
Log your vote so Rick can decide whether or not to setup a dirt series. (Submit your vote just above this text)

Jeff
Site Owner/Developer
American Online Racing
Tue May 05, 2020 3:54 pm
39 Posts
Thank you Jeff for all your help.  Right now guys I'm leaning toward using the Dirt Late Model mod.  I've tested it and like it.  I have a lot of dirt tracks to chose from.  None are just dirt covered versions of current NASCAR Cup tracks.  All are actual dirt tracks that either still exist (like Eldora and Knoxville) or dirt tracks that no longer exist.  Attached is a pic of what my dirt LM car looks like.

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
Wed May 06, 2020 12:27 am
Driver
152 Posts
Sounds good to me

Thanks
Richard Hildebrandt
AKA Corvette-fan
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
Thu May 07, 2020 3:29 pm
39 Posts
Thanks to Jeff's patience with me the dirt late model mod is now ready for y'all to download (358DirtLM) and try.  For a track go here -
Get registered or Log in
- and download the Fonda track (familiar to Mag I hear).  I've tested it and found that I didn't even need to create a setup.  I just started the track with a short 70 deg race, 8-10 AI cars with 95-100% strength. The car drove well and was actually faster than the AIs.  I even tested without steering assistance because I know most of you don't use and it and still found it pretty easy for me to control the car.   I find the colors terrific and it appears (at least when racing the AIs) the mod seems more forgiving then others if you get into someone else.   Maybe it won't be as forgiving on line but I hope that proves true.

Here's what I'm thinking about for how the series would be ran.

Aids will be permitted (if you need them)
Temps will be 70 clear
Just as there are no pit stops in real late model dirt races the AOR LM dirt races will also not need anyone to make a pit stop (unless someone simply wants to make one)
The races will be relatively short in length.
I'm still wavering between damage off and moderate damage. I'm thinking damage off might make the racing more competitive. Cautions will be on.
The point system will be like we use in the speedway and truck series.  And because the races will be relatively short in length there will be no stages.  

I'm hoping this series will not be real time consuming when we run, competitive but most of all FUN.
Fri May 08, 2020 2:25 pm
Driver
152 Posts
Guys if you read this post PLEASE take the time to place your vote in the POLL at top of Topic.
Thanks

Thanks
Richard Hildebrandt
AKA Corvette-fan
Get registered or Log in
Fri May 22, 2020 3:30 pm
388 Posts
Based on experience, I would recommend damage be set to Moderate rather then Off. With damage off, I have found that stupid moves becomes even stupider, taking away a lot of the fun.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it, piss on it and walk way
Sun May 24, 2020 1:42 pm
39 Posts
Thanks Larry.  I'm still giving it some thought.  I want this series to be first and foremost FUN.  My thinking is its never much fun when you get damaged beyond being competitive or worse knocked out of the race.  However, I can't disagree with you.  Like Forest Gump said "stupid is as stupid does" and we all can be pretty stupid at times.
Forums ©